Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Vienna

Ohh Vienna. What a time.

We left early Sunday morning, changed trains four times and four and a half hours later, found ourselves in Austria's capital.

The sites that we went too mostly concerned Sissy, the Marie Antoinette of the time. She was really focused on fashion and good times lol. She died from a stab wound. Interestingly enough, she didn't even know she had BEEN stabbed. After she was attacked by a man as she was walking, she made it to the ship, where she passed out. They took off her tight corset, that had been preventing her from bleeding to death...and that was the end. We went to two of her castles, or palaces...places of living.

We also went on a tour of the city, but it only lasted a half hour and was really just done like two streets haha. The audio guide was about three or four seconds too fast, so I think i missed a lot of what was going on, honestly. But it was so blooming hot I couldn't really focus anyway.

I don't feel like we saw that much for being in Vienna for two and a half days. But regardless, it will be a time i certainly will never forget. The people make the place.

Anyway, I have a feeling that this blog will be one of my last on this fine trip of mine. Getting internet is getting harder and harder, and I only have a little over a week left. I'm excited to see my friends and family again, but I gotta say...I wish I could stay longer. I've really had a better time than I ever imaged that I would.

We are taking a test on Tuesday. Something about being certified to a certain point...or something. I know, i'm not very useful on the informational part...like history, or...anything significant like that. Only four days of classes left! This weekend we're going to another castle...then the test...then home that Friday!

5 comments:

  1. p.s. can i just say what the word was that i had to type out to prove that i was a human in order to post the comment...

    sperm.

    not even kidding..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that trip went fast! I'm glad you went and had fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how I stumbled across your blog! I'll be starting at Bogenhofen in September and jumping right in for the whole 10 months! You adventures sound amazing, and now I'm just super excited to get started! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that's so cool that you're going to Bogi in September! One of the girls i meet while i was over there, who is from California, is going to be there! She's pretty freakin' awesome. I think you'll have a blast. Do you know anyone going with you?

    ReplyDelete